A tribute to Abdulwahaab Hassan Iman

It hurt so much to loose a friend
One that is faithful and kind
A rare gem of a friend is indeed hard to find
Forever, you will have a throne in my heart
Forever until the End.
*****************************************

I can cry a river ‘cause you met your end
Nay, but I prefer to smile ‘cause you lived
And comfort myself with the thoughts -
the fondest memories of you,
I contend will keep my days going to transcend
The unforgiving sorrow I comprehend
And I shall cherish the memories to unwind
***************************************

The laughs we shared
The times we had
I thought it would end that way for us both
Until we are old and crouched
And reminisce the years we earned
and the youthful exuberance of our times
Now I’ll have to do all of that on my own
If the whisper that took you suspended
spares me the courteous call with regard
**************************************
Oh, My Lord, it won’t be the same
Of all the losses that bend,
death is the toughest one to bear
but easiest to forget in the bitter end
It comes riding on a breath of air
And takes away a breath in a body
Leading the spirit back to its Godly abode
It departs as subtly as it came
Leaving behind broken hearts to tend
To mend themsleves in the trails of time
Those that remain in our consciousness are never dead
In our hearts and minds they reside
An ideal form in thought and deed
Uncorruptable by the vestiges of the physical world
And defined not by actions and trend
*****************************************
O Abdulwahab, ride on the wings of Buraaq
The Horse of Light will lead you to Ascension
Let it gallop to Paradise at Godly speed
Oh Angles, open the doors of Paradise
A Noble is coming home as decreed
A soul untarnished by trespass and misdeed
O Mercifull Allah, shroud him in your infinite Mercy
O Merciful Allah, forgive his petty human folly
He was conceived of Your Mercy,
And to Your Mercy he came back in the end.

Nur Hersi Bahal
Toronto,
Canada
24 June 2007
nurb@rom.on.ca

No comments:

How does AI impact our everyday life!

Photo credit: Daily Nation The human innovation and creativity is on perpetual rise; always taking new heights; reaching new levels. Propell...